View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nism0370
Base Member

Drives: 09 GTR/11 Nismo
Nism0370 is on a distinguished road
Default My thoughts on the '11 NISMO

I've had the car for 3 mos.
Modifications-
1) Oil cooler (Setrab 25 row) with Royal Purple full synthetic
2) Stillen Gen 3 intake
3) SS brake lines w/Motul RBF600 fluid
4) Swift springs.

Events-
1) autocross (while car was stock) -
2) HPDE with Porsche club(with above modifications)
3) daily driver...

Results...
1)autoX very tail happy. Looks great. disappointed in my times..new tires make a slower difference, tread block may be a factor, but a guy with a stock boxster S was much faster all day....
2)HPDE -I'm Amazed at how well this car did. I could throw it into curves with no problem. Braking was adequate and throttle was pinned for most of the event. Not the fastest car, but I was keeping up with the M1 BMW, Carrera 4S, and any entry level car or driver. (2011 Porsche GT3 RS was passing as if I was standing still.) Little brake fade over laps, little body roll. Oil temp hit 240 for most of the session when pushing hard. Ambient temp was 90+.
3) Comfortable and pretty tight sports car. Fun but not world class...
The rear brake vents are only for decoration and no front brake cooling ducts.
I'd hate to think that the aero package is non functional. I know the spoilers add downforce at speed, but I can touch the plastic wheelwell in the rear brake vent. Is this functional? Is the rear diffusor functional? It makes 18 year olds jealous as it looks sportier than their Pontiac Sunfires. I wish NISMO had the track goodies that the name assumes. Gets plenty of looks, but looks faster than it is. Maybe Nissan should add a track version with the GTR's functional technology....may need to charge a bit more, but it would be a real Nissan Motorsports track ready car.