View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
No apologies required. Would you seal it with wax or a glass sealant? I used that Meg's PlastX stuff in the past with my old car with ok results, but after a few weeks it would get cloudy again. Just wondering what the best method would be.
Just a few weeks it would get foggy? No water in the light is there? You could seal it with a wax or a sealant... the sealant is going to last longer, you could also consider a rain-x, but it's not as thick as an actual wax or sealant. I would use a thick sealant/wax such as collinite 846 which is a SUPER hard they call it wax, but it has sealant properties.. i'd layer the lights 2 or more times and then do that every 4-5 months, it's also great for cars if you wanted to give it a try... super durable stuff and not expensive. Your local boat store may likely have it. Collinite 915 is their "show wax" but it's basically a straight carnauba wax with few additives.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote