View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saca View Post
Hi all,

I will be purchasing a 2011 370z in the coming weeks and can't decide on which one to buy. The ideal car would be 6mt/sport pgk but, none seem to be available in that trim. With the recent tragic events in Japan it seems that back orders on 370z's are being delayed with no actual ETA. The 370z's I found in SoCal are either 7at/sport pkg or 6mt/base with no options.

I really want 6mt but, is it worth it in base trim? I will use the car for daily driving and occasional track use. My current car is a 2008 s2000. Any help would be appreciated! TIA

If you are just going to do quarter mile straights on the track. I say get the auto, its :03 seconds faster. But if you are doing autox. Get the manual. You need more control. Canyon runs. Both are equally gratifying. Manual mode in the AT does fine in canyons and twisties as so does the 6m.
In the end buy what you find enjoyable and most affordable. Both are very good transmissions for different reasons.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote