View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #327 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Going for my first non-stock day at the drag strip this Friday. Hoping to get into the low 13's with my new exhaust. As long as it's better than my stock 13.5 from a few weeks ago I'll be happy.

Some questions for you. How do you guys adjust tire pressure at the track? I know how to decrease, but how do you add air pressure? Portable air compressor or something? Also, what pressures should I run when I'm there. I'll probably end up stopping at a gas station near the track to make the adjustment.
It's trial & error, see what works and doesn't work. Just keep lowering until you see a consistent improvement. Putting air back in isn't always an option, depends on the track if they have an air compressor or not.

FYI, 25 psi seems to be the sweetspot for my Z. You lose a little mph when you drop the rear tire pressure but get better traction (and hopefully a better ET). It sometimes helps to pump up the air pressure in the front tires to help weight transfer. Just practice, see what whats and doesn't, that's what makes it fun.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote