View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
trwe413
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
trwe413 is on a distinguished road
Default First Track Day-Motorsports Ranch Cresson TX

Took my 2011 Nismo on the track for the first time this weekend. It has the AEM cold air intake, a fluidyne oil cooler, Hawk xp+ pads and RTF brake fluid.

I did not notice any issues at all with braking but was not braking as late as I do in my 911 (and probably won't until I build up some confidence). The brakes have good bite and even after 5 sessions on track in 100 degree plus weather here in Texas, I never experienced any brake fade at all or anything that felt like "ice mode" as I have heard it described.

The first two sessions I had VDC on and did not like it much. The rest of the sessions were VDC off. It was a little bit faster and a lot more fun without it. If I ever run with VDC on again, its because I forgot to turn it off.

Oil temp was around 240-250 even with the oil cooler. I think we are going to rework the cooler a bit and try to get that down.

I can confirm that there is a problem with fuel starvation below 1/2 tank. We were running clockwise and it began cutting out after three consecutive right hand turns and died completely the next time around at the same point. I coasted off line, got it started and quit the session early. I'm guessing this is a design flaw with no easy fix but to add a pickup on the right side of the tank.

I was very pleased with the way the car handled (with VDC off) and the acceleration out of the turns. I think it will give the Carreras and Caymans a run for their money with just a little suspension work and a better setup.

I hope to take it to Eagle's Canyon this weekend and maybe run a sqaure setup to eliminate the understeer which was noticeable on abrupt turn-ins.
trwe413 is offline   Reply With Quote