View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto101 View Post
The seller is saying that they cleared the Brembo's on his G35 coupe but I will have him check into the back spacing.

Assuming I am not tracking my car, what kind of impact will the extra weight have on the car? If the high definition pictures support what the seller is saying about the wheels, the deal I am getting will make it worth going with these wheels for now. I can always upgrade to some Volk's later on
the brembos are nowhere as big as the akebono's. my GT03's can fit my G35C no issue but will not clear the 370Z's calipers. so back spacing info is important. at +29 and 9.5" in the front you're not going to have much room to push it out further than another 5-6mm before you start rubbing the liner.

as for the weight 22lbs vs 27 is pretty huge. on my G35C i noticed longer braking distance (under normal driving), heavy footed while turning and changing directions in switch backs. once you're use to the new dynamics it's not too big of a deal but why downgrade your performance from the factory wheels on a sportscar? on a coupe like my G35C im going 50/50 on looks and performance, but on my 370Z im going more like 100% for function and not degrade it from stock. good looks is only a side-effect.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote