View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econ View Post
not bad kenchan, not bad.
yah, its been doing great the last few months since i installed. i would buy it again if something happened to it. it's great.

one thing to watch out for is if you full-lock the mirror joint to 'race mode' chances are the CF housing will break if someone or something hit the mirror by accident while walking or bumping his head (kid) hard enough.

the joint comes in a semi-lock setting for public road use and at that setting the vibrations and wind will cause the mirror to shift out of position after 400-500miles. it's just a lock nut so one will need to play with the torque to get it just right if you dont want it full-locked.

on my car it's at full lock position since mine is a weekend car but i worry each time i park somewhere including my garage/driveway that i might bump it while im detaling the car.

functionally it's excellent. i have zero blind spots in the reflection as it's a wide view reflector. both sides use the same lens so no RHD/LHD worries. (first thing i asked the guy before i ordered). i dont even need to turn my head when im changing lanes on the driver side, just move my eyes a breif split sec to check.

looking over the mirror while turning is greatly improved. this was the main reason why i got the mirror, but the no-blind spot is a added bonus.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote