View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarMan View Post
For those who remember, back in the fifties and sixties if you asked someone what type of words are descriptive of Japanese products, you would have heard, "Cheap", "Crap", etc. Today the same question gets a response more like, "High Tech", "High quality", "I want it", etc. Hyundai hasn't been around for too long but they are definitely making inroads. Since it'll be a while before I will ever need to decide which 100K car I want, I just hope to see as many companies making cars as possible.
perceptions change over time, and right now Korean car makers seem to have all the momentum. I'll never own a 100k car, but it's cool that there's finally going to be a Korean halo car. Hyundai also has a flagship model (Equus), a proper sporty coupe (GenCoupe), and they're receiving high marks for their fuel efficient engines in the Accent and Sonata. Plus, that warranty is terrific.

But if I were buying a 100k car, I might go British.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote