View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #614 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
^ Skeeter.... nice history of rides there, bo. I was planning on going SC or TT in the future. Can you please share your experiences with going with deep mods? Sounds like it was pretty negative? Can you elaborate? I am looking to go FI, but hoping to do a basic bolt on package, but trying to stay stock everywhere else, and still be somewhat reliable. Am I dreaming?
Going deep on mods isn't always a bad thing. The biggest thing is that you absolutely must stay on top of your maintenance. The biggest problem for me was that it was my DD as well. I know some people drive heavily modified cars as a DD, but if I had it to do over again I would have had a beater as well. I had the car getting worked on almost as much as I drove it. The last straw was when I had to replace the clutch twice. The first time was because the clutch couldn't handle the power. Then that clutch had a manufacturing defect and had to be replaced. I would like to add a SC/tt but it will wait until I get the car paid off and have a beater to drive.