View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #81 (permalink)
ZeeingAround
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 3500 NVP 370Z-sold!
ZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond reputeZeeingAround has a reputation beyond repute

The issue I found with the Powerlock is I had applied it to some panels on the car, but not all. It had a week to cure on those and I started in on finishing the top, hood and tail with the swirl and haze remover and then the Finish polish with the porter cable Saturday. The finish polish with a little detail spray can make a mess if you are not careful, and I was not in some areas and released a sputter of polish on my shirt and on the top of the fenders and door, as well as the back bumper.
They did not come off with the wash, and they did not come off again with a MF cloth and the detail spray. I do not want to Rub on them too hard and scratch the paint. I am now out there with what is left of my thumbnail trying to push them off and pick them up with the MF. Maybe I should try some cleaning solution?
Anyway, my point is bug guts or a little polish splatter should just wipe off with this sealer. I planned on another coat and after the cure time and some Buttery wax. We'll see how it works after the wax.

Btw, I do not detail for a living and have little experience with the polisher, but know exactly what you mean on the Porter cable and lack of torque. This was especially true with the finish polish because I had to use speed 4 just to keep the stuff from flying around after a spritz of detail spray to keep things lubed up and moving. Just a small amount of pressure and the disc is no longer spinning.

Last edited by ZeeingAround; 07-11-2011 at 06:26 PM.
ZeeingAround is offline   Reply With Quote