View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
The 370Z power delivery was more linear. The Z06 was a lot more frantic the higher the rpm went. I was very surprised given engine size. The Z06 seems to LOVE to rev, while the 370Z is happy anywhere in the rpm-band.
Interesting. The 370Z's variable valve timing gives it very little low-end torque. I usually have to get it around 4k before it's ready to really play. That surprises me about the Vette. I guess I imagined that, with its torque, it would be powerful even in low revs. I never got out to drive a Z06. I imagine it's still very, very fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
A lot of dealerships will NOT let you drive things that cost over $45K when you are a young guy and won't allow them to pull credit first.
I know. It's a shame, too. There are tips on how to get a test drive out there on the internet, but this happens all too often. Salesmen want to profile you and determine if you can or can't afford the car before driving it, or if you're there to joyride the vehicle.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote