View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Question Engine bay cooling improvements? DIY?

It's super hot out at 109F today, and the car is stuck in the garage. Last week I was working on one of the turn signal bulbs and felt the intense heat coming from the engine bay. I'd like to see if anyone know of DIY mods or ways to increase airflow to the engine to lower engine bay temperatures.

All I've done so far is remove the fang covers, and it seems like the car is not "losing" power as often. In fact, 1+ hour drive in 95+ F ambient temps is actually much more enjoyable now.

How about fender lining vents? I see DIY mods for brake cooling, but can it improve engine bay temps as well?

I thought about vented hoods, but they don't look that great. DIY mod like SIMOTA is nice since it retains the OEM hood, but I'd like additional or larger vents of some sort. Whatever is functional.

Maybe I'm just OCD about it...

Last edited by DIGItonium; 07-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote