View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #132 (permalink)
ClevelandCWRU
Base Member

Drives: Warp
ClevelandCWRU is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
So is this kid really getting a new car it just wishing he is? If I was a college kid I'd just stick with the car I already have or have access to. Graduate, get a real job, then congratulate urself to a nice car or a couple of nice cars after getting a house with garage.
I'm not sure who you're talking to, I'm not a "kid." I've been working full time as an engineer/technical project manager for for several years, right now I'm a process improvement engineer and capital project manager for a global specialty steel maker. It doesn't get much more "real" than being only a few feet from 300 tons of 3000+ degree steel, having people's safety and lives directly dependent the quality of my work, and balancing several multi-million dollar improvement projects at once. It's a "real" enough position that my company is paying for my PhD too.

My forum name pays homage to my alma mater, a fantastic institution that I love and help support financially through the alumni association. I no longer go to school there and I no longer even live in Cleveland, just recognizing two places that are near and dear to me.

Getting back to the dealership to close the deal has been tough, as their hours have been out of my reach lately. Even though I typically work straight days, my plants run 24/7 and I have to be there whenever I'm needed. The past week and a half, I've been working 7am-6pm. Even making progress on my dissertation has been pushed aside this week. Driving 20 minutes to a dealer that's only open until 7 and haggling a deal isn't really that high of a priority at the moment.

Last edited by ClevelandCWRU; 07-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.