View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhus17 View Post
Hey guys just got my z touring Blkcherry sport and LOVE IT! we have about 700 miles on her and I notice after about 1hour of driving the oil temp rises to 240f is that safe ? I have read of others having trouble tracking their cars but didn't read anything about street driving (not stop and go tracfic )or highway driving ? sorry if this is a dead horse but I dont want to damage my car Is 240* a safe temp? Thanks Guys !
Mine did the same thing, it would go to 240° without hard driving. Synthetic oil is going to do next to nothing about the temp issues.

You are one of the unlucky ones like myself who got a car that runs hot.

There are a few people on here who will say that it is impossible that your car is running hot just because theirs is not running hot, so you must be street racing or driving too fast... Each cast motor is going to have variances some may have had their cooling channels cleaned out better than others. Its a man made mass produced product and there will be differences from engine block to engine block.

This is my Z there are many like it but this one is mine.

Time for an oilcooler... Buy a quality kit from GTM or Z1 and you will be happy and not worry about oil temps again...

Last edited by Kirkster; 07-10-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote