View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Took her out on our first autocross. Had a great time, but didn't get to run through the whole day.

Ran the course in 65 seconds my first run, and had that chopped down to 51 by my 3rd. I was very much limited by my front tires (base 225's), and it affected my braking and turning substantially.

I had one of the experienced guys co-drive with me. His three runs in the were all 50-55, which made me feel pretty good about the 51. I'm confident I could have been well into the 40's if I just had decent tires. Hopefully I can pick out some rims that I like so I can move into that.

Also, some dude in an s2000 lost it in a ditch. Pretty brutal, but the car came out OK, and he tried to run again

Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote