View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #223 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
i am also experiencing this blue screen from time to time. The only way i've been able to get it to go away when it occurs is to turn the car off and back on. It has occurred when using the button, and it has also occurred simply by putting the car into reverse.
Now this is interesting. Previously the thought was a loose connection somewhere, but this sound different because a reboot (for what of a better word) appears to rectify. This reminds me of something else, where a couple of people entered some of the configuration details incorrectly (the most common being not entering the first number as a negative). The result was a strange software issues where the system would lock up and give a blue screen, or the camera would remain on the screen even when taken out of reverse. In those two cases, correcting the configuration numbers corrected the issues. So for anyone having this issue please check the settings and make sure you have entered everything correctly. This appears to be affecting a very small number of people, but it would be great to get to the bottom of this.

Things that are normal (meaning the same happens on the factory installed cameras) is that if the car is put in reverse soon after starting the car sometimes you get a blue screen or partial (normally 1/3rd of screen) appear. The issue is that the AV computer is still initializing and doing it's various check, loading music, Navigation etc and it doesn't multitask well. I've seen this on many makes an actually BMW is among the worst, on my wife's X5 you can put the car in reverse soon after starting and it can be several minutes before it decides to grace you will a image.

As others have also said (or asked for clarification), this is related to the camera and camera kits and not something that is caused (or even could be caused) by the bypass kit.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote