View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
CERBERUSlucid
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary 370
CERBERUSlucid will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsmith1 View Post
How many miles are on the car? If I understand correctly, the shifter is already in second gear and as you engage the clutch (let of the pedal) and apply the gas, you hear a squeaking noise?

Strange that you don't hear it from a stop in first.

Only things I can think of:

1. Clutch disk has a hairline fracture in it somewhere. Similar to a crack in brake pads, could cause noise during engagement/disengagement.

2. Possible the flywheel isnt perfectly smooth or has some type of foreign material on the surface.

3. Throw out bearing being load in some strange way. I know the TOB in my 09 sucks and makes a good bit of noise on a cold start and if the clutch is disengaged with the tranny in neutral.

Really, this is one of those odd ball things. If it were driving me crazy, I would probably go out and give the clutch a good burn or two, leaving ample time inbetween (10 minutes or so) to keep temps from getting too high.
UPDATE:
Correct and like you im just thinking its just one of those oddball things that happens to every other car...but since its been getting hotter now that its summer the squeeks went away?! now it only happens every blue moon (still better than before) but anyways thxto everyone who shared an opinion and who has similar issues...

and it can only be replicated while driving, i can sit in my garage all day going through the gears and its fine. Its only while driving
Well I will stay up to date on the issue and just let nature take its course i guess.