View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #47 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Correct. There's always the option of saying "Well, Mr. EPA... Prove that my emissions equipment WASN'T defective. Oh, of course I don't still have it. I told the shop to recycle it."

The chances of an end user being hassled by the EPA over HFCs is so low it's pretty much never going to happen. The EPA hassling shops that are removing fully functioning emissions equipment is much more likely.

Back on topic... If the OP is in TX, just hit up a sketchy exhaust shop. You can usually find them in the same areas that have the used tire shops run by Mexicans.
Yeah, pretty much true. The EPA offers to drop your fine if you rat out the shop that did the install....again, the reason most shops won't bother.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote