View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
i agree with your first point, except for the F1 suspension layout of the car which probably lends itself to a normally stiff ride. i doubt the delphi system that is on the ZR1 and ferrari's could be used here without re-engineering the whole system (definitely not cheap). also, in one article i read about the car, the engineers said they considered a dual clutch setup (like the GTR, 458, porsche PDK, etc) but it was too heavy when they were focused on loosing weight. that's why they went with a more refined version of the single clutch setup
I did read the same thing about the single clutch. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't most of those dual clutch setups shift in around 100 ms? At 50 ms it shifts twice as fast.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote