Thread: Nissan 370TT?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 04:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

The GT-R isn't really that expensive for what you're getting. Chances are they'll keep it that way and if you want a turbo Z, you'll need to buy the GT-R which is essential that.

Turbo kits will be out right away. And it looks like this is definitely going to be a boost friendly motor seeing that 8PSI is putting 400+ to the ground. I'll be twin-turboing the second I can afford the 8K upfront in cash.

But the fact is that if they wanted to do a 400HP twin turbo 370z, they'd need to go LOWER displacement with a lower compression ratio. That would make sense for a few reasons: A) the economy on a lower displacement engine that's turbo'd would be better than the N/A 3.7L motor even if it's making 400HP+. And B) Turbos these days are FAR more advanced than they were a few years back. Twin-Scroll turbos make a LOT of power in a more efficient way. So using that turbo on a 3.7L motor would put the power far over 400... Maybe even close to the 500HP range.

My Solstice is a 2.0L making 260+HP at 22Lbs of boost. That turbo can put MORE boost down but we don't have big enough injectors to do so. However, I get 42MPG on the freeway and 25MPG on the streets with it. That's WAY better than the 2.4L N/A solstice. Fact is that I'm not always in the boost.

Twin Turboing is the coolest sound in the world. I can't wait to do it to my 370.