View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
w4kj4k
Base Member

Drives: 2012 PW Nismo
w4kj4k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
That is a very sick G!

As for your questions about the brakes and LSD...

- The Akebonos are good but unless you plan to track the Z you probably won't notice the difference in normal daily driving. The bigger brakes are more to help with brake fade with repeated hard stopping from high speeds. There was a post I have to dig up but the difference between the base brakes vs. sport brakes in a panic stop from was like 2 feet.

- VLSD is okay but it is only a small step better than an open diff being viscous kind. If you plan on upgrading to a real LSD then it isn't worth it. On daily driving it won't engage unless you are doing some spirited driving around winding corners or if you plan to do some red light racing with Mustangs so you won't be peg leggin' and even then sometimes it won't engage fully from a stop so you won't leave two tire marks as you would with say a Torsen or Quaife LSD.
This definitely makes things more realistic and helping. Since this car would just be a dd that has a kick to it, all of those really aren't necessary especially if im gonna stance it or something.

Thanks for the helpful post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
definitely get the sports package on the 370Z, definitely keep your G35C as your dd.
Honestly, if i could i wouldn't.
I'd get a completely different car for another one, but i like to drive my car and enjoy it daily. So having 2 cars like this, just wouldn't do for me man!
w4kj4k is offline   Reply With Quote