View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
LennyZCSD
Base Member

Drives: 10 370zST 6spd white
LennyZCSD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
So I spoke with the manager this afternoon. He of course seemed very surprised by the scratches and said that only plastic typically touches that area of the wheel. He typed my concern into my record on his computer (he showed me his comments) and noted that they need to discount a portion of the labor and parts for either a CAI I wanted or front tires. He said just to come talk with him next time I'm ready to purchase and he'll work something out with me. He seemed pretty genuine and was going to talk with his crew...but at this point he said in all honesty they would probably deny it. I didn't ask what the discount would be since I was already 30 minutes late on my lunch break and he had other customers. Plus it sounded like it depended on what I bought, however whatever it is will be better than nothing I guess..and I really don't have any proof at this point that they indeed did the damage.

He also said to use a semi-gloss paint on the scuff. Do I need to prime or sand it first?
NOT SEMI GLOSS BUT SATIN PAINT but like I said try it on a piece of plastic and let it dry for at least a day because the sheen mellows with time ,, FYI, I paint for a living and I paint my own cars that have won at the Z CAR NATIONALS
LennyZCSD is offline   Reply With Quote