View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Last year there was some discussion on the Forum about the uneven tire wear on the outer treads of our tires. I had the issue and discussed it with the Nissan GTR tech at the dealership.

He said that because of the factory set camber, that's the way the tires will wear, and there's no adjustment to correct it. I think there is on the rear, but not the front, or on the front but not the rear, not sure about that.

He said that the Z is designed for the track - specifically cornering - and if you drive 60 mph-ish, you will not place enough force on the suspension to "level out" the tire.

Going through curves at racing speeds, the tire will level out and all the treads will make contact. I accepted that answer, but never felt real solid about it.

Even at the track, you're not always in a curve! What about the straight away?

It is hard to watch the tire wear past State Inspection just because one to two treads have worn below the allowable depth to pass State Inspection.

Does anyone have some input on this? If an adjustment could be made, I'd do it tomorrow. I don't drive my Z like it's on the track and would gladly give up the full track performance if it would extend the life of my tires.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote