View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #72 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

You guys just keep arguing the same point

First of all, the definition of supercar is subjective in the first place and different to each person. Then classifying what car is or is not a supercar adds another level of personal opinion into it. In the end though, they're all just opinions so they don't matter

Obviously you can dump a ton of money into any car and have it beat a "supercar" at certain things (drag strip, road course, etc). I think what Red was trying to say before is that "supercars" which are built as supercars have gone through the R&D to make them not just good in one aspect, but all aspects including looks, exclusivity, drivability, comfort, quality, reliability, etc. IMO those things are part of what makes a supercar a supercar. Like someone else said, you can put 1000 hp onto a civic, but I would never call it a supercar because it's still a civic. I would consider a Z with SC/TT a high performance sports car, but not a supercar.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote