View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

So this brings me to present day. My car is ready for its first track day since I started this Version 3.0 rebuild! That first track day will be at Buttonwillow Raceway on July 10th with Extreme Speed Track Events. Although I am building this car for the N.A.S.A. Time Trials series, unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts I cannot make it to any of the remaining events in 2011. Truth be told its probably better since really my only objective this time out is to test and tune my setup. I do hear though that Extreme Speed does host a small amateur Z/G Challenge Cup competition for Nissan/Infiniti Z/G platforms.

So goal #1 is to test the effectiveness of the cooling things I have done to the car, and what better way to do it than in the middle of summer with what is supposed to be 95 degree ambient temps. Goal #2 is to start playing with tuning the handling balance of the car. Unfortunately at the moment the only adjustments I can make at the track are to the compression/rebound on the coilovers, and of course tire pressure so I don’t think I will end up with a perfect setup at the end of the day but what I can probably do is figure out if I need to make a spring change or not. This time out I am not going to focus on running a fast lap time since my goal is to test, not to mention mid-summer heat is not the best producer of fast lap times.

For those interested I will also be out at Buttonwillow on July 9th with Speed District Track Events, but I will be working as lead driving instructor instead of driving. I know one 370Z owner on here that’s already going, but would love to see more of you out there!
Function > Form

Last edited by M.Bonanni; 07-05-2011 at 02:31 PM.
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote