View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Alexus
Base Member

Drives: The Beast
Alexus is on a distinguished road

Although I have not seen a white 370Z in person, I can account for this fact seeing as my mother owns a new Altima and it just so happens to be white. I don't know if the same is true for all of Nissan's whites, but it appears to me as if the body color does not exactly match the bumpers and the side moldings in certain lighting conditions. It would seem to me as if they are half a shade off.

That being said, an art professor in college once told me that white is one of the hardest colors to consistently match. He went on to say that no two whites are alike, so a body shop might have a hard time matching the color perfectly unless they get Nissan's exact specifications.

Once you get the car, please update me on if you notice a difference between the painted sheet metal and the painted plastics… I'd be curious to know if this phenomenon is true on the 370Z, as it seems to be the case on most of Nissan's other whites.