View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #38 (permalink)
Z eliminator
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370 Z 7AT Sports
Z eliminator will become famous soon enough

If you have an auto matic 7 AT it will not work well for drag racing,but if you have a 6 MT it will launch you like a missle. I can hold the car to 1900 rpm on leaving the line with the gas and brake on. (you have to pull the brake fuse or the ECU will kills the motor.
I have a GTM converter. I was hoping for a 2800 rpm stall but it only 1900 to 2100 rpm.
The converter took my car from 12.85 to 12.42's. Thats a big improvement , on that run it held to 2500 rpm. ( i data logged that run). Im now talking to pro torque about getting a 3200 stall made for me but i do not have a spare converter. The problem also is that the back brakes will not hold the car. Im not to sure what effect the brake fuse has on the TC unit when you pull it,
Going back to the converter, My car shifts harder with it and faster, 0.31 to 0.35 seconds.
1 st to 4th. 4th to 5th is 0.61. It makes a big difference . Over the winter i may send it out to get the stall increased.
Its a good mod but refilling the tranney is a major pain, took me 3 times till it was full.
Do not let nissan use there procedure for filling your tranney as they drain it and refill it.
I was down 2.2 Quarts after they did this and out 188.00 dollars. Talk to Sam for the proper way to fill it.
With the TC on the car burns more gas not sure why couild be my heavy riight foot.
with the street tires on and set at 10 % it a terror on the road especially from the stop lights. Just could not make it work on the drag strip.
When i shift at 7500 rpm there is always some tire spin as the tac hit 8000 rpm with the TC on this does not happen.
Can not wait to see what it will do with the SC on 500 + rwhp.

Z