View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

The Japanese are renowned for being assiduous when working and do not mess around. Americans on the other hand aren't really the opposite, but we're not quite up to par with the Japanese in that sense. Sorry, I don't mean to sound unpatriotic. I do not speak from hearsay or 2nd hand experience. When I was in the Marines stationed in Japan for a year, I seen how the Japanese culture instill in its people seriousness when working. Go to a fast food restaurant in Japan and you'll see what I mean. Typically, in an American fast food restaurant, the people who work there show reluctance and drag their feet--they do a sh&tty job in a cursory, botched manner many times.

I remember in college, in my statistics class, my professor started with an anecdote the very first day of class. He explained why the Japanese economy during the 60's,70's and into the 80's was on the verge of eclipsing the U.S. The Japanese are the "masters of mass production" I recall him saying. To make the long story short, he said the Japanese control variances (keep it to a minimum) in mass production perhaps better than any other industrialized country in the world, hence their reputation for building durable automobiles, electronics and other consumer products.

Sorry for my digression. I coincidently have the exact same problem as the TS in how my body panels don't line up perfect, the driver side side skirt. I'm going to overlook this because I don't want to work myself over this. And I agree with the 2nd post, this ain't a $100,000+ high end Euro car, you get what you pay for--an affordable sports car trying to emulate a $100,000 sports car.
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote