View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #217 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8GTOL View Post
The only issue I have had to date is a loose wire somewhere in my camera setup. On occasion, usually on rough roads, my reverse video will cut out and go to a blue screen until rattled back into connection. I checked all the connectors/plugs in the dash when I added the bypass kit and found nothing irregular...Brian, let me know if you can think of any way to better diagnose this.
I have had one other person (I think it was a GT-R) who reported something similar. I would check the Kenwood connector that is at the rear (or where ever you positioned it), that connector is probably more likely to have oxidized and I would try re-seating it. Let me know how you get on.

What I have seen myself is a blue screen or part of the video image when engaging reverse straight after starting the car, this is the same on the factory cars and is caused by the software still initializing. Once the software sorts itself out the image appears normally.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote