View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
It looks nice man, but in all honesty the swirls look pretty much all superficial. I have gotten similar results with my Flex DA, orange pad and Menzerna power gloss.

It does look nice and GM has very hard paints as well though so if someone was in the market for a good swirl remover, this might be a good product to try out.
You cannot look at a picture of some swirls and tell what it is going to take to remove them. I have dealt with cars that appeared to be a lost cause and cleaned up real quick. At the same time, I have seen cars that didn't look that bad, but I thought would take Jesus himself to fix because they were so hard to correct.

As far as what I use, this is not a comparison thread. I'm showing what I used and how it worked. There are no telling how many products that I can use to do this, but there is only one that I use who offers their customers a 110% money back guarantee if they are not truly satisfied with their results.

Menzerna is NOT that product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Nasty swirling, AJ. I still see some micro-marring after the SHR, ought to come right out with the Fine Machine Polish I know you're getting ready to use.

Thus far, the PC with Adam's polishing stuff has more than met my needs. What would be the advantage to the Flex polisher? Is it just faster? Or would there be some other reason to use it if we're only talking paint correction a few times a year?
Actually, I wouldn't move to Fine Machine Polish until ALL the damage was removed. I wanted to show my friend just how easy this stuff was so I used the Flex to speed up my results. That is the one advantage of the Flex. Faster paint correction.

One thing to note. The Flex is not a machine that I would use alone. It is a machine that I would use to compliment a less powerful machine like the PC. Once you have managed to remove all the damage from your paint, there is absolutely no need to keep touching your paint with something like the Flex. If you have to constantly fix your paint with the Flex, then you are obviously doing something wrong when you touch your paint. The PC is the perfect polisher to maintain your paint after all the damage has been removed.

Here's my rule of thumb with paint correction. A full correction should be a one time event in the life of your paint. From that point forward, proper washing and dust removal will result in you never having to do a full correction again. Yes, you will pick up minor damage with the use of your car but this damage should be easily removed with the PC and some Fine Machine Polish. Something is wrong if you have to get more aggressive than that.

If you are getting what you need out of the PC, by all means stick with it. I would never say that the Flex is better than the PC, only that it offers something different and has it's place in a detailing arsenal. Look at it like adding twin turbos to your Z. That doesn't make it better than a stock Z (especially with the price of gas), but it makes it better if the application that you used your Z for was bracket strip racing. So the word "better" has to be looked at in the context for which it is used.