View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow View Post
I'm interested in the quality of the gearbox. The 350Z auto 'manumatic' mode is terrible. At wide open throttle, one clicks the upshift only to wait almost a full second.

The new Nissan Altima has the same mode, but the upshifts & downshifts are fairly instantaneous. The car will up & downshift on its own, however.

If the 370Z has a TRUE manual paddle shifter selected as opposed to the assisted manual, I may consider that.

Anyone have any more information?
If you read the Motor Trend article that was released today, Nissan confirmed World's First Rev matching 6 speed gear box for the 370Z. Everyone is trying to come up with an idea of how the heck Nissan is going to program this. Basically what they are saying is that when you down shift, it'll rev match for you. That's all Nissan released. I'm still somewhat clueless and AM trying to find out more info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutty370Z View Post
I'd definately get the auto with paddle shifters. The manual is obviously more hardcore and more fun to drive, by I only drive like a maniac 1/4 of the time. The other times are in traffic to and from work, auto works better for me.
Auto is def easier to drive. The paddle shifters will come in handy. My recent experience with BMW paddle shifter was really good. I didn't want to go to my 6spd car after driving paddle shifters all day.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote