View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lady Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Tour/Navi MB
Lady Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 75 View Post
So I went to one of my local area dealers tonight to look at a 370z that had almost everything I was looking for as far as options go. I had been to the dealer earlier in the month to test drive, and drove this particular car. I had also called this weekend, talked to the sales manager regarding getting a car with the options and colors I wanted. I was informed on Saturday that this would have to wait until today. Well, I called first thing in the morning, no response. I ended up calling again this afternoon, around 4pm, and was simply told that there are no PG/Touring/Sports/6M in the area, but to come in and look at the model they are holding for me. So I say I will be in this afternoon, and leave work bound for the dealer.

Color is not my first choice, but I was willing to settle and it has grown on me. They knew I was coming and actually held the car for me. When I got there, I was told my sales rep was due in, and would be in momentarily. So I decided to wait and go look at my future Z. Well, you would think if they are holding the car that they would as least wash it, right? Nope. What I thought was a scratch was some white dirt, and there was other debris, and even bird poop on the car! Upon further inspection, I noticed the right front tire had a small tear in the sidewall and the rim had a scratch in it, like some test driver smacked into the curb with it. I also saw some scratches on the right rear fender, as well as a nice layer of dirt and handprints. Someone also stole the tire valve caps of the passenger side. Definately disappointed at this point.

Well, my sales rep never shows up, so I ask to speak to the sales manager. I am told he is off today, to which I respond b.s., he was here earlier, I called and talked to him. "Well, he is not here now," is the response I get, and instead they give me a sales rep that knows nothing of the Z's and is excited that I may be his first sale. At this point I am beyond pissed and have an overwhelming feeling that something does not feel right. Right then and there, I decided I will not be buying tonight. At that point everything went sour. I sat in the 370z and although I know the driver's seat has just as much room as my '02 WRX, it suddenly felt really claustrophobic. I started up the car and saw 74 miles on the odometer, and thought, "Geez, that seems like too much." The sales rep was trying to get me to go for another test drive, and asking me about financing and everything else. I told him that I'd have to sleep on it and left.

I guess I should expect a concerned call from the Sales Manager tomorrow. I think I am going to tell him that I don't appreciate having my time being wasted, and comment on his dealers rather poor (or so I thought) customer service. At this point, I don't know if it is worth it to try to haggle a lower price (supposedly they do not haggle), or just not to bother and take my business elsewhere.

I guess I am curious to see what you all would have done in my situation. I feel like $35k+ is a lot of money to be paying for anything, and it should feel right.

C/N: Went in to look at a 370z that the dealer was holding for me b/c it had the options I wanted, saw it was dirty, had tire/rim damage, had a sensation of overwhelming dread, and left. What would you have done?

Paul
Have you tried going to NissanUSA.com? You can build your own car...choose exactly the options you want! Then when you are done "check inventory" I did for a 100 mile radius. I found the exact car I wanted. Would you believe it was at a dealership in the town I live in. It gives you the vin#. So when I went to the dealership I already knew they had what I wanted.

You will never feel good about your purchase if you settle for something you did'nt really want. The way you were treated....I cannot think of one excuse for it!!! When you find your car asks on the fourm what others think of the dealership. Good luck! Remember to post pics.

P.S. I would highly recomend a clear bra on your new Z. It was recommended to me and I am so glad I did.
Lady Z is offline   Reply With Quote