View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #94 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Don't listen to the dealer, he's just making up random things that have little bearing on reality.
I knew that, just using it as a starting question, since the dealer didn't seem to knowlegeable, I left it at that. Thats why I posted same question here, I knew I'd get a better, more researched, more intelligent response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
If you try to downshift "too far" (where the gearing would cause the rev limit to be exceeded at the current speed) it will simply refuse and ignore you. If you try to upshift "too early" (such that the RPMs would drop so low as to lug out the engine on a 6MT), it again will simply refuse and ignore you.
Damn smart cars!