View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough
Default Oil temp questions

I went out today for a bit to run some errands, the temp today is 90 degrees and sunny. I know that people with the 370 have oil temp issues, but I thought I would ask after doing a search for what "normal" oil temps are, I found a bunch of different answers.

I will put it this way... most of the driving was on back roads at 50 mph, and some town driving... even on the 50 mph roads with the cruise on the car was running about 210 degrees.

When I got back I called my local dealer and I told them about the airbag light not going off when my Fiancee gets in the car, and that the oil temps seemed very high for the kind of driving I was doing. I mean I didn't even go over 3k rpms... it's a little ridiculous. I said " I guess you all will have to put another oil cooler in the car or something because i'm not paying for an aftermarket one.

I am almost willing to bet they blame it on the car not being broken in... either way though, what is "normal" for our cars?

I have an appointment on Tuesday to have it looked at.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote