View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #216 (permalink)
N8GTOL
Base Member

Drives: and flies
N8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond repute

I installed my kit a little over a week ago. Great product just like the camera kit! Both the forward and reverse switch positions work as advertised. I did notice that when using the navigation to guide me to a destination, if I engaged the reverse camera it will throw the navigation off just like flipping the switch forward would do. This makes sense, just didn't consider it until I tried it.

One added bonus of the reverse camera being activated while driving forward was that it works great as a blind spot eliminator. I have my camera pointed more straight back than down like most I've seen.

The only issue I have had to date is a loose wire somewhere in my camera setup. On occasion, usually on rough roads, my reverse video will cut out and go to a blue screen until rattled back into connection. I checked all the connectors/plugs in the dash when I added the bypass kit and found nothing irregular...Brian, let me know if you can think of any way to better diagnose this.
N8GTOL is offline   Reply With Quote