View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

I used to hit numerous bats in my 1967 Datsun roadster when I lived back in Virginia in 1979 - 1981. A couple of time I found them wedged in the grill and once one got caught in the slipstream over the windshield and hit me on top of my head, taking my hat off. Bats give me the creeps.

The worst was when a buddy of mine and I were driving up 101 toward Humboldt County in 1978 in his brand new Spitfire 1500 that Daddy bought for him. (We had our own reasons for that particular road trip).

Somewhere north of Garberville we were on a 2 lane part of the road (very windy throught the ancient redwood forests) and it was about 2 AM. Suddenly, the car felt like it was launching into the air and we heard this huge thud/crunch noise. So he pulled over immediately and we got out to find the entire passenger side covered in guts/blood, etc. Inside the wheel wells was more of the same gore.

We then backtracked to find out if we had killed somebody and found a deer carcass with fresh tire tracks on it. Someone must of hit it before and Brad (my buddy) was not paying close enough attention, I suppose, and we ran over it again. Amazingly, the Spitfire was unscathed, something I would have thought impossible.

These ae my only "hitting animals in sprts cars" stories. Thank you for reading.