View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
ClevelandCWRU
Base Member

Drives: Warp
ClevelandCWRU is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, i would be frustrated too but if that happened to my car (past lemon law, etc), i would keep quiet and sell it and get another one before making too much of a fuss.

this way you get the top dollar for your trade and a new start.
I don't think that's an option here. From what I understand the car is leased, and they won't let the OP exchange for a like vehicle without extending the lease contract.

bclarke, as I'm trying to reach an acceptable deal to purchase a 370Z, I find stories like yours a bit discouraging. I've never leased a car, but if your lease contract is through Nissan's corporate finance arm, couldn't any Nissan dealer theorhetically exchange vehicles? It's a long shot, but at this point it could be worth a shot asking a dealer with a reputation for taking good care of customers. It'd be minimal effort at least, and if successful would give you something reliable to drive. Talk to them very calmly, and don't offer up information like you've been denied the lease swap before at your dealer. Don't lie about it, but I'd hold onto that card until they demanded to see it; dodge the question at first unless they really push the issue. They'll probably ask why you are on their lot and not the dealer you originally dealt with, maybe tell them because you've been treated so poorly as a customer you refuse (not only are they unhelpful, you were accused of causing the problem), which sounds true to me. If you sell it as if you enjoy the car otherwise and were willing to stay with/come back to the brand again if only someone would treat you like the loyal, valued customer you are (and have been since 1979), the other dealer you're presenting your case to may accommodate you in hope of future business. A chance to pluck someone who has been loyal customer for decades from a competing dealer is an easy opportunity for new business in their eyes.

Again, sorry to hear about your misfortune, best of luck in the future!

Last edited by ClevelandCWRU; 07-01-2011 at 04:37 PM.
ClevelandCWRU is offline   Reply With Quote