View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #95 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Answer:

A) take the oil cooler off and go to a different dealer that doesn't know it was ever installed

... I think this would be above-board if the cause was unrelated to the oil cooler installation.

Also, Nissan dealers have a ~$5K limit for repairs where they can authorize any warranty repair less than or equal to on their own. So pretty much all but an engine replacement, perhaps trannie replacement.

Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Riddle me this then Batman, as the Warranty thing has been thrown in our face here before. Let's say a dealer decides to install your Stillen Cooler (I think Phimosis is in this category). He's feeling good because his dealer Warrantied the install and Stillen warrantied the part.

Part fails, Toasts engine. Stillen's limit of liability according to their warranty is to replace the defective part. Dealer says NOT OUR PROBLEM, it was not our part. Who pays? You do (for the whole engine)

Installation fails. Any install failure will result in the dealer pointing fingers at Stillen. They're all pre-made parts that just screw together. How "wrong" could it go? Momma Nissan will not support the dealer either way. The dealer did this on his own and the Mother ship is sure not gonna pay a $8-10K repair bill when it was the dealers (or Stillen's) fault. Dealers are independent businessmen...They are NOT Nissan.

See where this is going? Unless you have something in writing from the dealer/Nissan that will cover these circumstanses you're basically SOL no matter how warm and fuzzy you felt after being schmoozed by the service writer who took your money for the work......
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote