View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
bclarke22
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z 6MT Touring
bclarke22 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to bclarke22

Good luck - I've been having this problem for over a year now. Nissan has replaced MULTIPLE parts (ECU, IPMD, Battery, Key Coding System, Fuel Pump etc etc), so far without a solution. I've been in contact with Nissan Consumer Affairs for several months. They installed a computer monitoring device - still looking at the data (that was 3 months ago). Fact is, you're screwed and Nissan is going to wash their hands of the problem. I am living, breathing proof of this fact. If I were you I would start your Lemon Law paperwork NOW and get rid of the thing. Just my opinion - but I'm a little angry right now

-Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansoac View Post
Yet another issue I am posting on here for some opinions (i think it says great things about our community and the ppl on it though)

So my z will start up fine after it sits overnight, however, lets say I drive it to the gym and it sets for a few hours. When I come out to start it, it will start to turn over and tick a couple of times and takes like 5 seconds or so to start. It doesn't do this EVERY time, probably 3 out of 5 starts. It sounds horrible and people look like "Nice car but what the hell is up with it starting?" It is quite embarrassing and I am wondering if it is causing any damage. I took it to the dealer but it wouldn't replicate. I attached a sound clip as I was lucky enough to catch it today. What do you guys think?

here is the media fire link: data-2011-6-30-19-22-07.3gp
you might need windows 7 to play it or a codec. I am going to try to record it with video to put it on youtube.
bclarke22 is offline   Reply With Quote