View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #1215 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Springfield is reputed to be "OK". Sig...they aren't really the company they used to be. Since manufacturing and design for the US market has been taken over by SigArms, QA has become problematic. The German Sigs are still top notch...US-made Sigs, not so much. I've had my P229 since 1996. It's seen an exceptional pistol and utterly reliable. I wouldn't buy a Sig these days, though. I see heaps of armorer frustration in the law enforcement market with the current versions of Sig's pistols.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I think Springfield's, especially the XD series, are fairly highly regarded. I'd say more than just "OK."

But as with any other gun out there, you really need to put hundreds of rounds downrange without a problem before you can really trust it to defend your life.
have the XD 45 & the P220, both are excellent.

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote