View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Celcius
Base Member

Drives: Honda :(
Celcius is on a distinguished road

Whoa guys, I'm just trying to sell my car. I wasn't claiming by any means that my car is better than, or even equal to a 370, or G37 with bolt ons.

I do appreciate the bumps, but please bear in mind that my car wasn't designed to impress you(well, technically it was since I'm supposed to be stirring up business for my sponsors, but I try to keep that off forums), it was designed to be a fun starter car for myself. Now I'm at a point where I'd like to sell it and move on to a new project. Over the past three years of ownership I've received both positive and negative feedback, but was hoping that one of the people who followed my cars evolution into what it is today would like to pick up where I left off and continue the build. If not, I'll more than likely end up parting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Regardless of how much money you've spent on what is, after all, a Civic, I do have to say that the aesthetic modifications are tasteful and live up to the long list of performance modifications that were done to it. Does it even have traction at all with the turbocharger?

No offense, but this is money well wasted, but very nice ride nonetheless. Just my opinion. Good luck with the sale. :P
I never said it wasn't a Civic, but thank you in regards to my aesthetic mods being "tasteful".

Traction wasn't an issue when I was Proxes on it, but I retired those a while back and now it's on 'high-performance' Hankooks. I'll admit that these tires are no where near as good as my old T1Rs, and it's disappointing at times.

In response to this car being money well wasted, I have to disagree. This wasn't an investment for me. I didn't expect to get a return by adding all of these parts, and I doubt most people put money into their car to see it grow. That's what FOREX and etrade are for. If I could quantify the amount of fun and enjoyment I got out of this car in money, then I would say it was well worth the 'investment'.

It's impossible to convey the emotion and history that this car has built up in a quick for sale thread, which is why I linked to the build thread on the civic forums. Much of the aesthetics were provided to me free of charge so long as I agreed to promote the companies that were generous enough to give me the parts, and I was more than happy to oblige. Car shows, local meets, and any sort of car related events were a blast for me. I would've done it all for free regardless. Heck, I hope to do the same thing with my next project car!

If it's alright with everyone here, I'd like to keep the discussion about whether or not my weak little Civic is as powerful as a V6 3.7L powered sports car to a minimum. It's like comparing a 1984 Ferrari 308 GTSi against a 2007 Kia Sedona EX

That said, if there are any rich billionaires here who want to buy my car so that they can crush it with a monster truck and aire it on YouTube, or if there's another average Joe here who wants a fun showy Civic to cruise around California in, let me know!

Last edited by Celcius; 07-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Celcius is offline   Reply With Quote