View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS View Post
Gas gauges and trip computers are skewed towards fooling the driver into thinking that fuel economy is better than it really is. That is why the top portion of the meter takes longer to drop...it's been programmed that way.
Not in my experience. My mpg calculator on my car is slightly pessimistic. It said I got something like 25.6mpg on the highway (averaged both ways for accuracy) when manual calculation revealed 26.0X. That said, I find it hard to believe that 370Z's are not getting 30+ on the highway unless it is at altitude.

I think some of you must be driving up-hill and not noticing it. It's easy to do. I drove across a bridge one time and the read-out showed nearly 30mpg. Then I took it the other way and it sat on 22-23 mpg. Apparently, this 2 mile long bridge was NOT flat/level. It sure looked it, though! Easy to do. Average your mileage going both ways on the same stretch of highway for accurate measurement.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 06-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote