View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
ClevelandCWRU
Base Member

Drives: Warp
ClevelandCWRU is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
^ OP, the statement above is again, an opinion. He claims the Z is better looking. Again, no way to quantify that. And FWIW, that's how I feel too... lol... Z = much better looking.
I also give the styling nod to the 370Z, see my original post.

And that's exactly what I'm looking for, someone who considered both that can tell me why they prefer one over the other. Maybe this sounds totally crazy, but to me there's a huge gap in quality between a post that shares an experience, actually compares the two and draws a conclusion versus an insulting post that implies that anyone who would even consider a Genesis Coupe (or shops at Wal-Mart for that matter) is a low-class, low-intelligence person who can't differentiate between products of varying origins (especially Asian). Give me a break. I know he's just "trolling" as the internet folks call it, I shouldn't have taken the bait and responded.

I'm aware it's a Z forum, but I think it's fair to expect sound advice, which I've gotten an abundance of here already (and keep it coming!). I've gotten the same in the thread where I posted the same question on the GC forum.

To the posters who have given useful opinions and comparisons (the vast majority of folks), thank you, you've been a big help. Sorry I got off track...

As it stands now, I'm starting to lean towards the 370Z, chiefly for its powertrain. I own several VQ powered cars and love the engine series. I'm a little disappointed that the once signature smoothness is nowhere to be found in the 3.7L. You could blame it on the type of car, but the engine is the same way in the G & M too, and all VQ's have been losing that buttery-smooth torque delivery as displacement and power increased. A testament to Nissan's craftsmanship and engine design, at 224K miles, the VQ in my Maxima is to this day the absolute smoothest V6 I've ever driven.

Overall, still a tough call for me. It may come down to dealer experience. I'd have to order either one, no dealer close by has one in the color combo's I want.