View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
zeebra
Base Member

Drives: 09 Mag Black 370z
zeebra is on a distinguished road
Default Career Decision.. What do you think?

So after 2 months on un-employment I found a new job!

I'm working with this creative agency called OGK Creative. OGK - Creative Agency - I'm part marketing person/mostly sales person. They have only been working on projects from referrals up to this point. It's 3 partners in business, beach wear is the dress code, 10-6 hours, right off the beach location, they do great work and will be very successful - but I hate doing sales (cold calls, networking meetings) and that's what a major part of my job is here for now and my salary is mostly based on commission - so I won't be making much money lol

Now the dilemma (no pun intended to the sub-par movie) is I could have an opportunity to be a marketing coordinator for a bigger corporate company - solid pay, strict 8-5 hours, business dress only. No sales - just what I love, marketing. But it's for an online conservative news site - Newsmax.com (kinda boring) and I would start working up the corporate ladder I guess.

What do you guys think - casual with a chance to grow with a small company or corporate and climb the ladder, I'm 26 with a marketing degree and just left my friend's company where I was the Marketing Director for 4 years.

Oh and I might as well throw in that if anyone needs any creative services while I'm still with OGK creative - websites, advertising, printing, banners etc I'll make sure it's a great price. We actually just finished working with Hulk Hogan and Ronnie Coleman's product lines. Thanks for your help!