View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
np, op, just putting out the truth. can't handle it? there's no enthusiasm owning a hyundai (atleast not yet) other than if you got korean pride. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! hell if i was korean i would get the gensis coupe just because it's the first 'cool' car they came out with for the US market.

but you will end up always having to explain to yourself and your friends and neighbors, etc. why you got the genesis couple. spill out the magazine spec-racer in you.

and i suppose for a 'smart shopper' aka walmart shopper that makes sense.
you get more for the money...even 2 extra seats in the back! again nothing wrong with that since one cant tell the difference.

btw, i am not saying hyundai's are crap cars, i am saying that there's no real carguy fun i can see owning a genesis coupe. to me gensis is like a corolla-s when kids really wanted to get the CivicSI but parent's wouldn't let them.

you post a new thread on the forums expect to get a variety of replies.

yah, truth hurts i know.
Wow ken.... I think you got kenchan'd....

Alright alright... kidding aside, OP, you need to take it easy. This is a public forum, and a Z forum at that. Folks here will have an opinion (most likely favorable) towards our Z's. But it is just that, an OPINION. So no need to get all hissy about that. You posted a question on the forum asking which car we think is better. Folks don't really have to justify their answers to you or anyone else. Take their opinions for what they're worth. If you don't like it, don't listen to it... simple as that. There's a lot of respectable folks on this forum, ken included. I guess he just feels strongly against Hyundai's no problem with that.

For example, if someone asked me to which I like better, the Z or a Mustang or a Vette, I can say the Z, because of several concrete reasons, or I can just say, I like it better. Period. Why? Doesn't even have to be a valid reason. I just like it better... just "feels" better to me. That's not a quantifiable reason right? But in the end, it's MY reason, and I gave it to answer a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Until yesterday, I was stuck with the same decision, Z or Gencoupe. Coincidentally, it was also the Touring+Sport vs the 3.8 Track trims.

To me, the Genesis was like a baby G37, just a bit diluted in both performance and luxury.
On the other hand, the Z was a more raw and visceral ride. However, I don't think the extra 10% of performance would be missed much if you get the genesis instead of the z, both cars are capable enough be incredibly fun during hard driving.
That is EXACTLY how I felt about the Genesis coupe after driving it, compared to the Z. It felt so generic.... hard to explain. The driver connection to the car and to the road was absent. Does anyone else know what I mean? In the Z (and I'm sure in other well built cars like BMW, etc), I really felt connected to the car..... by the steering wheel, the sound, the feel of the road on my bottom, etc.... everything. Maybe it's just me
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 06-29-2011 at 12:58 PM.