View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Synack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Sideways
Synack will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Wow. That sucks.

Yeah, it's the zero coming in I'm really worried about. I'm starting to think there are zero allocations anywhere right now, which means zero new orders. Hopefully, they only took a month off, but that's part of the worry. When did you get your last allocation to order? Was it in May or April or March or worse? I can wait, but I'm just worried dealers and Nissan themselves will raise the prices in the mean time to cover the losses.

A dealer here has a car close to what I want, but it's got the splash guards (which I personally really don't care for), and the nimrod screwed the front plate right into the white part of the bumper. I don't want 2 drill holes in my brand new car. Besides, this dealer F'ed me so hard when I got my Murano from him that there is NO WAY I will give him my money again. I am really not ready to pay for a new car until August or September, so that's why I wanted to order it now and not just buy it off the lot. But I'm starting to wonder if 2 bumper holes and splash guards might be the least of my worries.

You don't have this car do you?

Equipped WITH (stuff I do want)
-7 speed Automatic Transmission
-Sport Package
-Pearl White Exterior
-Black Cloth Interior
-Carpeted Floor Mats
-Illuminated Kick Plates (optional, won't make or break)
-"Z" Valve Stem Caps (Dealer Installed)

Equipped WITHOUT (stuff I don't want)
-In-Mirror Rearview Monitor = $785
-Carpeted Trunk Mat = $95
-Splash Guards = $225 (according to the website, these are optional, and I do NOT want them)

Cheers ---- Bonzo
Go to another Nissan dealership in the area, and bring in a magazine or an ad that has that 370Z in it from the other dealership and tell them you want THAT ONE. Then maybe, just maybe, they'll be able to pull that car into their dealership and sell it to you. I've seen it done before on Lexus's. And you can get the bumper holes fixed and the splash guards removed. I would get this car.