View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fishy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
I ordered one today.
Well, no offense, but I'm thinking your dealer just took your order, which is not the same as actually placing an order with Nissan. I say this for several reasons. One, in order to have ordered a car yesterday, it would have had to been on your dealer's June allocation, because July's allocations won't be until, you guessed it, July. But, from what all the dealers told me, they only have 2 days to actually place an order after they receive the allocation. So your dealer's June allocation is gone. Since June is gone, and July hasn't been released yet, I really don't think your car has actually been ordered. I think your dealer just took your order verbally assuming they would get an allocation in July, and only then would they actually enter the order in Nissan's system. Thing is, if they don't get that allocation in July, then they will have to wait until August, and so on. You might want to keep tabs on that.

Now if you do in fact have an official Nissan computer print out of the allocated order, then I guess I'm all wet, and something screwy is going on, and we are not being told the whole story or the truth by dealers. Fact is as we have been told so far, there is no way a dealer can place an order with Nissan on June 26, 27 or 28 (what ever day it was exactly).

Or, perhaps you didn't actually place a custom order? Maybe your dealer already ordered the car weeks or months ago, and you are just taking ownership of it in advance because you like all the options they picked? That would be really cool for you, for sure, but that doesn't fit in with the dilemma others and I are facing trying to place a custom order.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote