View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
for the 3 grand extra for the sports package it's money well spent.

if you bought after market for all the parts mainly the wheels,tires and bigger
brakes that's easy an extra 4 to 5 grand there.

jmho the base z is just what it says it is BASE. but if your a tuner and won't to add all the extras yourself start with the base.
sports package is a great deal, as long as your happy with the parts it comes with. It's actually easier if you plan on upgrading parts sometimes since people without the Sports Package usually buy up the used parts.

To upgrade a Z without the sport package, you would need:
LSD: about $1,300 (true LSD, not VLSD)
Brakes: $1,800
Aero: $800
Wheels: $1,200 (used)
No SycroRev

On the upside if you get a base. No holes to worry about if you want an aftermarket wing. Technically less to upgrade the LSD (no stubs axle flange req.). Most importantly, it's gonna cost you less to buy the car in the first place. The way I saw it, I had a choice between base with sport or base with touring. Having both was out of my budget at the time. I figured the sport package stuff would be easier to upgrade in the future than upgrading the base interior to the touring package. Its not like your gonna enjoy the car any less.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote