View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

My hatch release won't work. I get the CR survey. I expect the Z to be as reliable as my Camry (that's hypothetical...Camry's are banned at my house. So are Accords. And anything Swedish). So I fill out that badboy with all kinds of complaints. Paint? Yeah, that sucks too. Body integrity? I don't know what that is but I fill in the black circle anyway. Engine? I read it sounds "rough" under load so I give the black mark for that too. I ignore that my Subaru Legacy sounds like a bunch of chipmunks in heat (hypothetical again. No Subaru's allowed here unless it ends in STI, and chipmunks are just cute rats), but gave the Subie's engine thumbs up anyway, the Z thumbs down. Transmission? That throw out bearing (CSC for those in the know) sure makes a racket. That never happens in my Elantra. Black mark again.

Oh, by the way, I filled this out at Starbucks, don't know who the Stig is, and have no idea that the Z began with a company called Datsun 40 years ago. Because back then I was bragging about how great my Vega was to my friends who owned Pintos and Gremlins.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote