Thread: Should I?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

There are only two things that would have kept me from buying the Z:

1 - need for a backseat or cargo room. If this is your only car it's going to be hard to actually use. Very limited luggage space, trunk space etc. If you have a dog you'll be carrying it in the passenger seat so it will be hard to keep clean too. I have a 4-door daily driver so this wasn't an issue for me.

2 - If I wanted power and modability over style. For me it was between this car and the BMW 335 coupe. I own one, and have a client with a 335 that I've done simple bolt-ons to. You'll find lots of threads on here debating the two cars, but there is no denying that dollar for dollar you get better performance gains on a car that comes with a turbo stock. And the 335 is rediculously fast off the line with so much torque available so low in the power band.

But here in Dallas I see 3 series coupes literally every single day. I see another 370 maybe once every two weeks. And in my opinion the exterior styling of the Z is much better looking than the 3 coupe. I get stopped and asked about my Z almost every time I take it out. There's no way that would happen with the 3 series even after a body kit and rims.

The only times I've questioned the decision is when driving the 335 right after modding it. The Z will get there, but it will take a lot more $$ then I can spend right now.

My Z is an 09 and it's had no problems at all. Only has about 13K miles but so far so good. I would look for a low mileage one and not worry about the year.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote